Thursday, January 31, 2013

Open Thread Thursday: Who Inspires You?

Interesting topic for Open Thread Thursday!  Thomas MacEntee from Geneabloggers set some rules though!  For those that know me I have this love/hate relationship with rules.  While I love rules in my everyday life at the same time I hate rules that make me think just a bit harder!

Basically Thomas stated that we could not choose him.  So of course being me I just have to bend the rules a bit!  (Sorry Thomas!)

See this is hard for me as Thomas has inspired me not only on a personal level to learn more about the latest technology associated with genealogy but also on a professional level with my job as the Administrative Assistant for the Wisconsin State Genealogical Society.

So I began to think...think...think!!! (I love Pooh!) Then it came to me!

Someone that has inspired me on both levels of my genealogical life is Lori Bessler from the Wisconsin Historical Society Library & Archives.  Here is a  picture of Lori for those that do not know her:



Lori and I met after I became the Administrative Assistant for WSGS.  We began to collaborate on a professional level which assisted me in doing the best job I could for WSGS.  Along the way I learned a great deal about how WHS could assist me with my research and in essence assist others to increase their knowledge of the many resources at WHS.  Her ability to inform and educate others in a way that makes sense is amazing.  She takes her knowledge and brings it to the level that is so easy to understand.

Lori has been there for me every step of the way and still continues to be there for me!  We do a great deal of sharing and bouncing ideas off of each other.  When we get together you never know what is going to happen!  Our ability to work so well together has benefited both of our groups but more importantly both of us personally.  I am glad to have her not only as a professional ally but also as a friend!  Thanks Lori for all that you have done for me and WSGS!




No comments:

Post a Comment